Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Friendship Friday - Twelve years ago

Most couple celebrate their wedding anniversaries but Jeff and I still likes celebrating the date of our first date which is today.  Twelve years ago when I was visiting a friend (if I was on Facebook, they would call it unfriend) introduced me to Jeff.  It was actually on her birthday that Jeff and I went on our first date.  He picked me up and we saw an afternoon movie and then he took me out to dinner.  Since the night was still young, we went to Dave and Busters to play some games and billiards.  It was great day and we still remember how much fun we had that day.  We did a simple celebration this year by going out to dinner at a steak restaurant.  Nothing special but it still nice to take a break from cooking and doing dishes.  We had a quiet night of watching our favorite shows and shared a dessert (Apple Bars) that we made the night before.  It amazing how time has flown by specially when we first decided to agree on trying long distance relationship.  No one thought that it would last but after five years, then everyone was just happy for me to have found a truly nice guy.  One day Jeff mentioned that he doesn't have a lot of friends like I do but he's very happy to have married his best friend.  Some people say that friends can never be lovers.  But we both agree that in a relationship, friendship is important because at the end of the day, it all boils down to you and your spouse/friend/companion/partner/lover/confidant. 

 Image result for couples clip art

No comments:

Post a Comment