Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Surprise Saturday - BJ's opening

Sometimes it's nice to get a surprise of any kind.  Last Wednesday while at my volunteer work, one of my co worker ask me to join them for lunch.  Our unit was invited to a dress rehearsal at BJ's - a new restaurant in the shopping plaza close to our location.  BJ's is a franchise and although Jeff and I have been to at least three locations, this one was new.  The great part of this lunch was everything was complimentary.  It was only open for friends and family.  Initially I was not included but since there was a cancellation, they ask me to join them.  Why would anyone refuse a free lunch? Right!  I manage to remember to take photos and all in all, the food was good, the service was satisfactory and the decor was brilliant.  Only negative comment, the dessert that was offered to our table was under cooked.  Since I have tasted the same dessert in another location, I knew exactly how it should taste and this one was definitely not done.  We had to send it back and my friend got a simple scoop of ice cream.
Chicken limon with artichoke, spinach, tomatoes with angel hair pasta.

Chocolate chip pizzookie (pizza style cookie) which was under cook.

Two shrimp tacos with chipotle sauce and napa cabbage slaw.
By the way, BJ's is also a micro brewery and they do have some excellent beers.  I am sure that this restaurant will do well because of it's location.  Someday I will have to take Jeff here to try their new menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment