Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Starwars Sunday - I did not even know the difference

When I checked our mail box last Friday, I found a postcard invitation for a baby shower.  It was from Jeff's sister who lives somewhere outside of LA.  Because we know that we won't be able to attend this shower but would still like to send some gifts, it was time for me to get working.  As you have seen in my past blogs, I love sewing babyshower gift sets.  For this particular set, I was a bit confused only because I was not familiar with the subject matter.
I was out and about and decided to check the local fabric store to see what is available.  I got so excited as I found these fluffy fabrics which I thought would be great for blankets.  Before I went to get it cut, I called Jeff to make sure that I have the right theme.  While on the phone I asked Jeff: "Is Star Wars and Star Trek different?  In my hand was the Star Trek theme but I actually needed the Star Wars theme.  By this time I was not sure if I would find any.  I went back to the same shelves to return what I got and lo and behold, there was the StarWars fluffy fabric.  Not only did I find that particular one, I actually found other designs in the flannel section and in the right colors. I got it cut, paid for it and it was a successful errand.
Easy baby blanket that is so fluffy.
On Friday night, Jeff helped me tie all the square knot all around the blanket.  It did not take us long to finish it and I told him that I would like to make one in a different design and color for our living room.  This way we will have something to keep us warm during those really cold winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment