Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Filibuster Friday - Is it possible to use this in a relationship?

Filibuster - a word that I was unfamiliar with until I heard it on the news the other day and I actually had to ask Jeff to explain the meaning, etc.  

Filibuster:  an action such as a prolonged speech that obstructs progress in a legislative assembly while not technically contravening the required procedures.  Synonym: delaying tactics, procrastination, obstruction.

Is it possible to use in a relationship? Maybe not a great idea but I am sure some people use it and it might be construed as nagging or bitching or even whining.  Honestly, I do know some people who are using this in their relationship and for some, it actually works.  I guess I am just lucky (ha ha ) that Jeff and I don't have to resort to this specially on Friday.  We tend to discuss items or things we want to do, majority of the time it is decided within minutes.  If he does not agree with what I want, I usually just let it go and I believe he also has that choice.   This process does not seem to be a solution to issues because it could be prolonged (as per definition) causing a lot of stress for those involved.  If this is how the government deals with issues of the country, then now I can understand why they have a lot of problems. After all of the above, I think this is just a bigger word for adults having a TANTRUM.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment