Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Squirrel Sunday - It's not cute when....

Remember about two years ago when I first got here and I started my little flower planter box.  The flowers were pretty and just growing nicely until the squirrel started eating the petals and ruining my first ever planter box.  From then on I started to hate them, oops I'm sorry that word is too harsh.  I dislike them and because of what they've done to my garden, I have not planted since.  When we joined our neighborhood watch in our are and had met some really nice ladies who were into gardening, their first complaint - those damn squirrels. 
Later this summer, another group formed to deal with the squirrel problems in the area. We found out more and more of our neighbors are disliking them.  It's not cute anymore when they destroy your flower garden.  It's not cute anymore when they destroy your perfectly vegetable garden.  It's not cute anymore when they start digging in your garden and make a bunch of holes for hiding their snacks or treasures.  Some county department is dealing with it and suggesting several ways to somehow discourage this squirrels to be in our property. There are so many of them are making their homes on the hills but apparently there's one neighbor that is leaving them peanuts and that is why they are heading out to the homes around our street and in the couple of courts.  Do you have squirrel issue where you reside? Does your state or city have bylaws regarding their termination?  To date we don't have as much issues with them as our neighbors because I have no plants for them to eat.  Not yet at least.  As mentioned before Jeff recently planted new ones but they won't be ready for a month.  Hopefully whatever crops come up is not something they like to eat.  Jeff said " squirrels are just rats with fluffy tails." STILL NOT CUTE - as they belong to rodents family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment