Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trial Tuesday - When things does not work out

Ever since my doctor changed some of my prescriptions to get better results of my health issues, I have been experiencing more and more Low Blood Sugar than before.  There must have been at least between two or three episodes of these each week.  Sometimes it's after breakfast which is kinda weird because I just ate a full meal.  Other times it is after lunch between 2 and 3 pm which is also after a meal.  I have emailed this info to him and he told me to adjust my long acting insulin and I did.  My results in my morning test is really good, almost perfect like as if I am not a Diabetic.  For those of you who are familiar with this health issue, you would know what I am talking about.  

So here's the other weird information which I thought I would not share but, since it's trial Tuesday, why not.  Maybe someone else might find this helpfulLately I have been liking a very mini scoop of ice cream as my evening snack.  What I have noticed is that if I did have the ice cream around 930 pm, then my blood sugar in the morning before breakfast would be good.  If for some reason, I had a fruit after dinner and then have the ice cream later, the result would be higherThat is easy too explain, sugar in the fruit and ice cream equals too much.  If I opted to just have a fruit, the result would be higher.  If I felt like not having a snack after dinner, the result would still be high. Therefore, as much as ice cream might be not great for losing weight, it seems like it is a great snack to have great results of blood sugar test in the morning.  Here's the two kinds of ice cream that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment