Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Mahalo Monday - Maui Review

The great part of our recent vacation is that we went with a great couple who we have travelled at least three times prior to this trip.  Another benefit was that they have been in Maui prior to this trip so they knew a lot of the good spots to see.  It was relaxing and although I cannot say a lot of WOWs, it was still a good time to be away for seven days.  Here's a few disappointments:
  • I did not see any exotic fruits that were described on a lot of the website
  • The Hawaiian Airlines staff should review their boarding procedures
  • The resort we stayed should update their website and should warn their visitors of upcoming renovations/repairs.   
Although we ate some of our meals in our room (small kitchen available), we all went out for some of our meals, mostly lunch and dinnner.  There's so many restaurants to choose from but the majority are very expensive and the ones we tried are just ok.  The best dinner was actually when Jeff and Gil BBQd steaks (from Costco) and grilled some asparagus and squash, while Jean prepared red potatoes in the microwave.

As for entertainment, we all went to the Warren and Annabelle show (magic and comedy).  The reviews were very good and everyone enjoyed an evening of magic and laughter.  One of the other tour that they (excluding me) went on was the snorkle and whale watching.  While they were away I enjoyed my walk into town and had lunch at the Pioneer Inn.  You probably won't believe this but I was brave enough to go in the pool by myself to play NOT SWIM.

Hopefully I will be able to download the photos from my camera and share in post tomorrow.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment