Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Mondrian Monday - I'm Jealous

What is the most important thing do you care about when going on a vacation? 
  • Destination
  • Accomodation
  • Class of airfare
  • Tours 
  • Company
  • Food
  • Weather    
Having traveled on a variety of class of airfares, I have to admit being on business class or FIRST class is definitely the way to go specially on very long flights.  Sometimes with this also comes an excellent suite at a five star hotel.  After talking to my daughter about her weekend get away, I am a bit jealous because they are staying at a very nice hotel in NYC.  I know that both of them loves their vacation and they do spend time researching everything prior to booking.
 
I can count how many times I have stayed at some really nice hotels in Asia (The Caravelle Hotel and the New World in Vietnam; The Manila Peninsula in the Philippines). The ones in Europe are normally very small and very expensive.  As for the Caribbean, it's a hit and miss but food is always tasty while in Africa it's just different but also good restaurants within the hotel If I remember correctly, we stayed at a Coral Hilton in Puerto Plata, DR (all inclusive but we only stayed for three days as it was business trip.  
 
Slideshow image

1 comment:

  1. Even though we paid an arm and a leg to stay three night at Mondrian Soho, it was worth it. The hotel room is small but we had a great view and what I love most was the lemongrass green tea scent they have filtering through the vents. The whole hotel smells divine. Plus the bath toiletries are great!

    ReplyDelete