Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Soulful Sunday - There's not a Sunday when I don't think of my son

Just another short and late post, but it's something that I need to share.  There's never a Sunday where I don't remember my son.  It's going to be almost five year since he passed away and I still miss him specially on Sundays.  When I got separated and then eventually got divorced, we had the every other weekend schedule with our children.  Later on when he was older, we would get together on Sunday for lunch, maybe shoot some pool and sometimes he would show me how to do an alley-oop. When he was old enough to have a drink, I was very lucky mom because my son would not be embarrassed to have me join him and his friends at a bar where they hang out.  After he passed away, I would meet some of his friends at their local pub and it was good to see how they are coping but it was really hard for me.  For some reason, I did it because I somehow felt his presence whenever I see his friends.  I know that all his friends have move on and it's good to hear that but I know that they all still miss him as much as we do.  Sunday is my day with Gino and today I am missing him
Very happy brother and sister.

1 comment:

  1. I thought a lot about G on Saturday. Mike had plans and I told him that I really wish G was around because it was one of those days, that I would want to hang out with him. You know, just kick back at the house and do nothing. Mike said I should ask someone to come over and keep me company but I really didn't want to entertain. That was the nice thing about G, I didn't have to entertain, he was just there to keep me company (and play video games, watch movies and eat and drink). I miss that :(

    ReplyDelete