Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wishing Wednesday - Bringing good tidings

It's almost time to start singing the 12 days of Christmas.  But instead I am taking my guitar tuned and start practicing playing Christmas songs.  Our neighborhood has invited us to join them singing Christmas carols around our street.  The organizer has sent a list of songs that we will attempt to sing.  I am actually excited but not sure how my fingers will survive as I have not played the guitar for a long time.  One good part is that some of the chords are coming back and I could remember how to play. LOL.  I seem to recall, a very long time ago, probably almost 50 years ago when our class would go caroling two nights in a row.  Of course the weather is much different back in the Philippines.  Not even sure if the guitar will stay tuned with the cold weather of the Okanagan.  What is nice is that we get to sing jolly carols for the neighborhood.  I can't remember if we are suppose to sing a couple of songs and have a drink for each home, or have a couple of drinks and sing one songs.  By the way, I forgot to mention that we live on a bit of a steep hill.  So we are starting uphill and cross the street at our home and then head down the road.  As this is our first year, we really don't know how many homes we can cover before we get overly cold.  Here's the lists of all the songs we will be singing.

  • Jingle Bells
  • Frosty the snowman
  • Silent Night
  • Deck the halls
  • Winter wonderland
  • Silver bells
  • We wish you a merry Christmas
  • Away in a manger
  • Here comes Santa Claus
  • Mommy's kissing Santa Claus
Actually there are four more songs that I am not familiar and/or cannot play in the guitar.  So I am sticking to the above songs.
Image result for having a drink christmas


Image result for carollers

No comments:

Post a Comment