Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tasty Tuesday - Sharing the kitchen

Our kitchen is not very big but when Jeff and I are there doing our own stuff, sometimes it does get a little tight.  So far we have not experienced elbowing, hand slaps, side bumps, etc.  What he is good at is reminding me that the dishwasher door is down and watch your leg.  One day after he just said that, I made a quick turn and hit part of my leg in one corner of the door. OUCH.  From then on, I decided to close the damn door when I am doing anything in the kitchen.  Last week we both decided to bake our own bread.  One from scratch, the other using the bread machine.  He made a regular white loaf and I made the NO knead artisan bread (of course from Pinterest).  OMG, when all is said and done, I could not believe that it came out so good.  Of course, I had to taste it, had a slice with a bit of butter and a few drops of honey. So so yummy and so easy.  I don't know why I got so scared of baking something with yeast.  If I can recall, it must have been around 1986 when I tried it and never again.  Now that I have done a lot of baking, but still no yeast in the ingredients, I thought I should try one more time.  Since Jeff has been doing all the baking and has no problem using the yeast, I had a very tiny bit of confidence in me that I could do it.  Anyway, here's the result and I added some other treats we made last week.  This is what happens when the snow arrives and I don't feel like going out.  We stay indoors and spend most the time in the kitchen.  
I mixed the 4 ingredients in this bowl and set it in front of our fireplace for 9 hours.

Baked it in a dutch oven at 450F for 30 minutes covered, then uncovered for 10 minutes.

Sliced it, spread a bit of butter and drops of honey, so yummy.

This is Jeff's regular white bread from the bread machine.

My favorite bark - white chocolate, roasted almonds and dried cranberries.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you really baked it all by ourselves? It looks delicious! I recently helped a bakery shop to customize their 3d lettering signage and they have good breads too.

    ReplyDelete