Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

Forever Friday - She's all grown up

Today, she's another year older.  Today, I am not going to be with her.  All I can do is  feature her on today's post.  As I look back, there are many birthdays that I have missed.  For most of her childhood, I was there.  For part of her teens, I was there.  As an adult, maybe I have missed maybe 10 in total.  I am sure my daughter is not counting how many times I was not around for her birthday because I always send her a card and most of the years, I do send gifts.  In fact last year was the most gifts I sent.  I spent as much time wrapping each and every one of the gifts.  From the beginning of the year, I started shopping for the gifts that I think were special.  It took a while to complete, but I was able to get the right number of gifts three months before her birthday.  When she was little, I use to make her a new dress for her birthday.  I remember trying hard to copy the "Annie" red dress.  Believe it or not, I did make it and she loved wearing it.  There was also another time when we couldn't find a nice dress for her first communion,  so I made her one that was very special.  Another very special item I made was her very own northern Parka, I believe she was two.  I still think about it sometimes and wish I had not given it away.  Wait, I got side tracked.  Going down memory lane just got me thinking of other stuff.  My daughter has become an amazing woman who loves Steph Curry, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake and her husband.  She is caring and thoughtful but may need work on patience.  She is fun-loving, independent but not demanding.  She is kind, generous but not fickle.  She is organized, creative but not messy.  She is punctual, respectful but not pretentious.  I could go on but honestly, she is a wonderful daughter and now she's all grown up.  Happy birthday Alysia! May you continue to grow, enjoy life to the fullest and make lasting memories.  Love, Mom.


Image result for happy birthday cake flowers balloons






No comments:

Post a Comment