Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Triple Tuesday - Coconut treats

Every time I read anything with coconut on Pinterest or Food Network, there's a voice in my head singing "you put the lime in the coconut".  I don't even know where that started.  This weekend with our friends J and G visiting from Discovery Bay, I decided to make a couple of treats for them, specially for Jean as she loves coconut.  The first treat is something I have made before, it's called the Almond Joy Cookies.  A very easy 4 ingredients cookie that last for a very long time if you freeze it.  My daughter requested some special treats for me to include in the once a month care package I send her.  The other coconut treat is something new for me to try and make.  I was surprised because it looked a little difficult at first but once I went through it, there was nothing hard at all.  The crust of this Coconut Cream Cheese Bars was crunchy and tasty.  It is something to remember for sure because I can definitely use it for making other squares or bars.  The third treat is a very simple Fruit Salad but different because I used a couple of cans of fruit cocktail (papaya, mango, pear, pineapple) and a jar of coconut jelly.  In addition to the fruits I used one small can of Nestle's cream.  It's definitely not sweet but the coconut jelly gives it a different texture.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo before eating them.  Maybe next time.

Almond Joy Cookies - 4 ingredients only.

Coconut Cream Cheese Bars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment