Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Tasty Thursday - Very Canadien

When is the best time to eat freshly made biscuits?  Right after it comes out of the oven, right.  Over the weekend I had a craving for biscuits and since there was no Pillsbury package in the fridge nor a box of Bisquick mix, I had to make it from scratch.  Food Network is my go to search engine as there are so many easy last minute recipe that you can follow and I found one. It didn't take long and there it was looking good in the oven and you will be surprise with the shape I made my biscuits.  My friend Jean gave me this cookie cutter last year and I never had a chance to use it until now.  Introducing my Canadien biscuits.



It was time to eat them and I used a little butter and fig jam on one side and honey on one side.  Yummy.  While putting the rest away for another breakfast, I realized a few strawberries were getting a little too mushy.  This time I searched Pinterest and found a very easy Strawberry chocolate chips cake.  Luckily I had all the ingredients for this one and off I go making this recipe for the first time.  When it was done, it looked perfect and once I added the powdered sugar, it was good enough for a photo to share.  We had to taste it with a half a scoop of my new favorite ice cream - Old fashion lemon pudding.  Now don't you wish you were here visiting CPBB and enjoying your treat after dinner.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment