Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Toronto Thursday - It's about time

Congratulations to the Toronto Blue Jays!  What an exciting game.  I have to admit that I did not watch their games during the regular season but when I found out they are in the playoffs, I started watching their games if they were covering it in one of our sports channel.
I remember watching them several years ago when I use to live in the outskirts of Toronto.  My BFF Sue from Texas would come for a visit and she would have the greatest seat, I say greatest as it was behind the Jays dugout.  We would meet for an early dinner and then watch the game and maybe check out some of the pubs after.  It was great to see it live even though they were not doing very well.  But since this season is very historical as they have not been in the playoffs since 1993, I thought it was definitely worth watching all their games.  I wish them all the luck in the world and I know my friends in Canada are all cheering for them.  It definitely brought back a lot of memories even going back in the late 90's when I took my son and his buddy Andrew to watch the game.  There was a time when my son was playing tee ball and I remember his favorite, the Oakland A's.  When the A's played the Jays, I was able to get some tickets and he was happy to see them play.  If only he was here to see the Jays win again. 
 
Image result for blue jays 


No comments:

Post a Comment