Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Microscopic Monday - Confusing but colorful

When Jeff is working from home, I am always amazed at how colorful his computer screens are.  It's not really the desktop or wallpaper, it is the current printed circuit board he is working on.  It starts with just a plain board.  Then he reads some sort of schematics and he starts placing different types of components.  I believe he starts with one layer and it ends up with a whole lot more layers by the time it's ready for release.  Let me see if I can remember the terminology of the board just from hearing him talk to some engineers or when he comes home and has to vent, here are some of them.
  • Annular ring
  • DRC
  • Drill hit
  • Mouse bite
  • Finger
  • Panel
  • Paste stencil
  • Pad
  • Plane
  • Pick and place
  • Slot
  • Solder
  • Thermal
  • Trace
  • Via 
Not really sure what each one does but some of these I kinda get it.  So I took a photo of one of the board that he was working on.  In case you are wondering what Jeff does, here's an example.  It takes a lot of patience and a very detail oriented person to do this type of job.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment