Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tracking Thursday - Love my FitBit

When we switched our phones a couple of months ago, there was an app included in the new phone that counts your steps.  The problem with this is it will only work if you keep the phone in your pocket.  Although the S health app includes this tracking of steps, there are other benefits of the app.  It can take your heart rate by just placing a finger on the back of the phone.  There is also a way to record the calorie intake by adding daily food for each meal.  Since I started using my Fitbit which I received as a Christmas gift, there was no need to use this app to count my steps.  On the days that I don't play golf, my steps are below 5,000.  According to the instructions, you need 10,000 steps a day to make a difference.  I figured that on the days I golf, I would have double the amount of steps required per day.  As most of you know, I am not one that likes to walk around the block or go hiking or go for long walks.  But when it comes to walking the golf course, I am there.  Unless the course is only mandatory cart, then I have no choice.  The way I see it, if I am walking the course three times per week which totals to about 60,000 steps then it's like I am meeting the quota of 10,000 steps per day.  And on the seventh day, I rest and don't track anything.

Image result for fitbit
My first FITBIT was pink which I lost last August.  Now I have a black one.

No comments:

Post a Comment