Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Worthwhile Wednesday - The lone survivor


As most of you know, I am not a gardener nor have a green thumb.  When someone gives me some sort of house plant, most of them die within weeks and maybe some might survive for a month or two.  This plant, I remember someone telling me that it's Geranium, has survived under my care.  A lady named Susan from the place I use to volunteer before gave this as a Boxing Day present on December 26, 2011.  You can see that there's flowers blooming - three of them.  This is the first time I've seen this.   I have placed a stick so the stems do not bend or break.  I guess the plant liked it that it produced more than one flower.  My sister who can grow anything indoors or outdoors could not believe how healthy this plant has become and was very surprised that I haven't killed it.  I have added another pot of some sort of succulent that I'm going to take care of.  It's worthwhile keeping plants indoors because they are protected from critters.  I'll keep you posted on the growth of this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment