Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

First Friday - First things and more

First Friday of June and it's June 1 so I have decided to do a similar one I did a few months ago.  Here are random firsts in my life that I can still remember - material things only.
  • First car - Two door Toyota Tercel - Black - Manual transmission- drove it into the ground
  • First Coach purse - hand me down from my daughter but still in great shape
  • First expensive ring - my engagement ring from Jeff
  • First golf club set - 9 piece from Play it again sports
  • First customized tennis shoes - Ordered from Nike, wore it once and its stored in it's original box
  • First fun toy as an adult - Nintendo DS from Jeff
  • First wig - used it twice and left it with my friend Zenia 
  • First pool cue - bought it in the late nineties and I sewed a case for it and still use it.
  • First tennis bracelet - this actually has colorful gems - Christmas gift from Jeff
  • First Nike tennis skirt - a gift from my favorite son in law many years ago - it still fits
  • First slot machine win - Riviera Hotel - Dollar machine with yellow ducks 
  • First motorcycle ride - my friend Wally owned one and he drove through the country roads of Niagara on the lake.
  • First parka - when I lived in the mid 70's in northern Canada, I made my own Park with nice furry lining and an outer shell in yellow with a big flower applique in the back.
  • First muk luk (eskimo boots) - after slipping more than once, I decided to buy a pair of this special soft leather boots.
  • First Levi's jeans - bought one at the Petaluma Outlet because it was on sale and it was the perfect fit.
Can you remember some of your first items that you might still have or maybe have parted with them?  Do you still keep them because it was your first?   Is there other Firsts that you are still working on?  Have a great weekend and enjoy the beginning of summer nights.

1 comment:

  1. I still have the first alarm clock I ever owned! I think I got it in the 4th grade and it still works after 26 years!

    ReplyDelete