Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wimbledon Wednesday - A lot of tennis

If you are not a tennis fan then this is not going to affect you at all.  But for someone who truly loves tennis, the next two weeks will be all about watching Wimbledon.  Lucky for me, I can record all the coverage without interfering with Jeff's regular scheduled shows.  But since most of the shows are all on summer break, it's not a problem.  Can you imagine if we did not have a DVR, this means I will have to get up really early if I want to watch a specific match or I will be staying at home for 8 to 10 hours just watching tennis.  As soon as I get up, I turn the TV to start the recorded coverage which usually starts around 400 am.  I would have breakfast with Wimbledon and lunch with Wimbledon.  House chores is done during commercials or when the matches is not one of my favorite players.  If I need to go somewhere, it's not a big deal because I will just continue where I left off.  I love our DVR.  When I lived alone and did not have DVR or any sort of machine to record, I would actually set an alarm so I could watch the Semis and Finals for both Men's and Women's match.  I would be very tired when I get to work if I decided to watch the quarter finals.  Now I don't have to do this at all but because there are many hours being recorded, I would really need to watch each day in order to catch up.  So far, it's been good and I have watch the coverage in half the time.  If you have followed my blog for the last year, you already know who I will be cheering for and it does not change, only the tournament changes but I am a loyal fan to the following.
  • Mr. Roger Federer
  • Mr. Rafael Nadal
  • Mr. Novak Djokovic
  • Miss Maria Sharapova
  • Miss Na Li
  • Miss Samantha Stosur
Good luck to all my favorite players and although only one from each category will become the champion, you are all champions in my book.

1 comment:

  1. Well I won't be following that much more, I wanted to watch the games of my fellow Dane Caroline Wozniacki, but she just lost her first game, so not much Wimbledon left for me:(

    ReplyDelete