Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Friendship Friday - How long does friendship last?

BFF - Best Friend Forever
FFF - Friends From Faraway
FWF - Fair Weather Friends
STF - Short Time Friends
FAW - Friends at Work
YDF - Your daughter's friends
YSF - Your son's friends
FOM - Friends of Mom
FOD - Friends of Dad
ANF - Acquaintances not friends 

Only the first one is really being used by most, the rest of these acronyms are just the result of my last minute brain storming.  How long does friendship last?  If we follow the first one BFF then it should last forever, right.  Through life we meet different kinds of friends and sometimes we lose touch and sometimes reconnect again.  The one that hurts the most are the ones you thought was your best friend but one day she just CUT you off - just like that.  Lucky for me I only have one that did that and at that time, it really hurts.  But one of my true BFF said, it's her loss and you have so many other girlfriends that would be happy to take her place. 
It is amazing that with all the different places that I have lived, I still keep in touch with some of my friends (including childhood friends) and BFF's.  Sometime this month I will be meeting a couple of them.  I met both of them when we lived in Whitehorse in 1983 - that is almost 30 years.  Cherry who stayed with us during the summer months working as a Biologist (Fisheries) and Nerges who moved to Whitehorse as a result of a bank job transfer.  It is going to be so nice to reconnect with them and catch up on life's ups and downs as well as reminisce.
Whitehorse was the place where we have seen the brightest and awesome northern lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment