Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Timely Tuesday - Banana's gone bad

What happens when you don't eat bananas on time?  They become either banana bread or banana nut muffins.  But what happens when you try something new and be a little daring.  Unfortunately it becomes Banana muffins gone bad.  Yesterday I had two over ripe bananas and I thought I would try a different recipe.  I saw a box of Honey Cornbread Muffin Mix in our cupboard.  The recipe did not look hard, mix 1 cup of milk, one egg and the mixture.  So I did and decided to add the mashed banana and some chopped walnuts.  After a few minutes in the oven, I checked and it did not look right.  But since I had about 10 more minutes left, I thought it should be OK.  When the timer went off, I remove the muffin pan from the oven.  I let it cool and thought of having it for my afternoon snack.  I took one bite and it was very dense and dry.  There was not much flavor but I took another bite at which time I decided it was not something I would like to finish eating.  My only conclusion is that the box was too old so I checked for an expiry date and found none.  Anyway, I thought of taking a photo just for show.  Lesson learned - keep in simple, use recipes that have great result.
As you can see those cracks was the clue as my normal muffins does not create cracks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment