Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Where Wednesday - A place to relax

What is a vacation?  It's when you go away from your day to day routine and do something relaxing.  This is also a time when you don't do any housework and that includes cooking.
When you hear the stories of some vacation, it sounds like they did not have a relaxing time.   For example, when you go away and you stay in a place that has cooking facilities, that's a give away that you will end up doing some cooking and housekeeping.  When you plan your vacation and you include a lot of different tours, etc., that is not relaxing at all because you have to follow a schedule and either you do a lot of walking or some form of tiring activity.  One form of vacation that I am not interested at all is CAMPING (been there, done that, will not do it ever again).  So where do I want to go for my vacation?  Here's my list.

  • All inclusive resort for a week somewhere in the Caribbean
  • Three or four nights at a nice hotel in Las Vegas
  • An overnight stay at a Hotel with Spa (an hour massage)
  • 7-day cruise to a destination and a cruise line we have never been
  • A week of golf and tennis at a resort in Big Island Hawaii
Are you way overdue for a really nice vacation?  Do you have a favorite resort/hotel that you keep returning to?  Was your last vacation involved just family visits?  Do you have any plans this year or next to try a different style of vacation?
Burj Al Arab exterior
Burj Al Arab
It's only in my dream.  I was actually in Dubai when they were starting to build this hotel. The best rate for May 2013 is about $1,121,12 per night which includes a personalized butler service, a sumptuous buffet, Hermes products for his and her, fresh fruits and dates, free access to their water park.  At the end of today it is still only in my dream.

1 comment:

  1. I am overdue for a vacation and I just came back from one. I stayed at Royal Hideaway Playacar and I definitely want to return. Mike and I always said we would never go back to the same resort since there are millions out there but after experiencing this one...I'd go back in a heartbeat!!!

    ReplyDelete