Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Simple Sunday - Birthday Celebration during Covid

Due to the social distancing and all the restrictions of Covid, birthday celebrations are done so differently and so simple.  But it is possible to do something if you really want to follow and keep everybody safe.  So how did we do it.  Last week was my birthday and I decided to have a very small gathering in the backyard. We place some TV trays (2 each) on each corner of our deck.  The guests brought their own plates, cutlery, glasses and drinks.  One couple brought the salad, the other my birthday cake.  I made spring roll for appetizers and for our main dish, Thai Red Curry Shrimp, Satay Chicken with peanut sauce and steamed rice.  We shared stories, have a couple of toasts (for me , the neighborhood, and friendship). It was a perfect day, it was warm but not hot and the fact that it didn't rain was a real blessing.  I had received a lot of birthday cards, texts, emails and telephone calls.  So blessed that I was able to celebrate my birthday and had a bit of fun during these tough times for many people in Canada.  My hubby gave me a golf ball retriever, a set of fun socks and a couple of EOS lip balm. 
Aren't these socks cute?


The flower that bloomed on my birthday.

The cards from friends and family.

One of the text I received from my BFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment