Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Wordy Wednesday - To make a long story short

When Twitter first came out, I contemplated on signing up but then I realized I can't be part of it because I don't know how to just write a few words.  You know that saying "to make a long story short", well I could not comply with that.  If I tell a story, it will always be the longer version.  Whether I am talking it out, or writing or texting, I can't seem to keep it short. That is the reason why I am not on Twitter nor Instagram.  So I opted instead to Blogging.  I have a lot of space to write and I can just keep writing. LOL.  But lately I had to write a protocol for the new volunteer position I am doing.  The first draft went quick but then I had to revised it for a second time as the document was way too wordy.  I had to keep it simple.  I also have to admit that although I can compose, I know that my grammar is not that great and I have to blame that on English is my second language.  Sometimes, I ask my hubby if I need to retake the ESL course.  Although when I first arrive in Canada, that course was not available in Yellowknife. When I moved to Ontario, that was the first time I heard about the ESL class for new immigrants. Anyway, now that I am not retired, I am do not require any writing skills. Of course I am sure that if you have been reading my blog, you would have probably provide some advise on writing a blog.  Interestingly enough, I have been blogging for over 10 years.  So far no one has commented about my post being too wordy.  But then, I don't have a lot of followers and most of them do not provide any comments.  Well this ended up to be a longer post than what I was thinking when I started.

Funny Minion Pictures Below are some very funny minions memes, and ...

Grammar Memes - Mr. MacFarlane's Classroom Blog (With images ...

You can't say much without grammar... but without vocabulary, you ...


No comments:

Post a Comment