Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Skins Saturday - Golf side game

Last week my golf buddy suggested that we do a little side bet for our golf game.  It is similar to the skins game that they play on the PGA, except our bet is only starting at a quarter.  The first time we did it, I won a toonie ($2.00 canadian).  The next day, I lost .50 cents.  So as you can see, it is not very much but it still fun and it makes you try to do better each hole.  My golf buddy, takes care of the scoring because, for some reason, I get an extra stroke on at least eight of the hardest hole out of the 18 holes.  As there are no gimmes and no mulligans, so the scores are real.  Because we play almost 4 days a week, we don't really keep score each time, but sometimes I do it just to see how my average is.  Last year we played a different game where he gives me a few strokes and we have to give a quarter for every stroke I am over his score.  As we go along, he started giving me less and less stroke, as I improve my game sometimes.  We are very lucky that we are able to get back into golf a little earlier than most of the area in British Columbia.  In addition to that, we are able to play just as a two some and do not have to play with other people.  Our course is like a big family of golfers, mostly members and regulars, so almost everybody knows each other.  I am very lucky to have joined this course and have met some some friendly golfers.  Not to forget the maintenance team truly takes care of the course.  My home course is Hillview Golf Course.

Sunday Skins Game! Tee off between 11-2... - Cheam Mountain Golf ...





No comments:

Post a Comment