Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Treats Tuesday - Trying new recipes

Like many others who are staying at home, I too have been doing some baking but not as much as I use to.  Before this stay at home order, I use to make our artisan bread, etc.  Now that flour and yeast have been hard to find, I opted to just buy my bread every now and then to support the local economy.  So instead of bread, I have been trying different new recipes for baking BARS.  I prefer them instead of making cookies because it's less work and I don't mind cutting them into squares.  As I like small things, I made sure that the squares are smaller so I know I am not going over my limit for my treats.  There were two new recipes that I found on Pinterest with very simple ingredients you have in your pantry.  The favorite part is that it only needs one egg.  As my hubby have eggs for breakfast every day, I try not to use them for baking.  The second favorite is that the procedure for making is very simple.  Prior to trying these two recipes, I also found a Walnut Chewy bar which I tweaked and added a little butter and a quarter cup of coconut.  Wow, it was so chewy, crunchy and not too sweet.  Now every other month, I would get a craving for some pastry that I cannot make.  I would send my hubby to try and find something interesting when he goes to the grocery store.  The last time he went, he found these maple plait with walnuts.  It was yummy but a little big so I had to cut in half for my portion.  What have you tried making and what are your favorites?

Maple plait with walnuts

Snickerdoodle bar

Almond bar

Popovers for breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment