Pages

Friday, May 29, 2020

Fairways Friday - Greens and Fairways

During the Memorial weekend in the USA, the Match (Golf) was on and I was able to record it but did not have enough time and it ended on the 17th hole.  It was such a nice treat to watch live golf again.  It's too bad the pairing was not Woods and Brady, and Michelson and Manning.  So I was torn because I love Tiger but not Payton and of course on the other side I love Tom but not Phil.  Anyway, the end result, Tiger won and even though Brady's team did not win, Tom had the play of the day when he had a nice iron shot on to the green and the ball rolled in the hole.  Yeah.  It was amazing how Tiger was playing in that rainy condition but he was always in the middle of the fairways.  That is one thing I learned from someone that when you are out there in the golf course, there are only two words you need to remember at all times - FAIRWAYS AND GREENS.  It doesn't work all the time but it's a good training in your head instead of maybe thinking of other hazards along the way.  A week ago, I decided to take a lesson from the PRO in my home course.  It has been over three years since I took a lesson.  So I thought I needed a little tune up.  I was very pleased that we don't have to correct too much with what I have.  Of course I am old so the body cannot do all that turning and all that power.  But one thing for sure that I can depend on is my drive (which is most of the time in the middle of the fairways) and my putt (two putt or less).  Where I struggle is the fairway woods and the irons, which is what my lessons will be concentrating on.  Hopefully after two lessons I will be able to apply what I have learned and not screw up what I have been depending on.  Last year I play with my BFF from Kelowna who works as a starter at one of the nicest course in that area.  Our 4th person was her neighbor and it was so funny that by the end of the 3rd hole, he said to me, "I have a new nickname for you, MRS. Fairways".  Then when we were visiting our friends back in San Jose, CA. I got a chance to play again with my golf buddies, and one of them gave me another nickname based on the previous story.  He said, your new nickname is " MRS. Always Fairways".  I just wish I could get more distance but for now I am happy with just being in the middle of the fairway.  

Hillview Golf Course (Vernon) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go ...

Golfer clipart clip art, Golfer clip art Transparent FREE for ...

Decorative Golf Clipart - Female Golfer Silhouette Png , Free ...

No comments:

Post a Comment