Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Stitching Saturday - Single or Double

Today is our 12th year anniversary.  But since I don't get a gift for 12th year, I am not going to make a big deal about it.  Instead I will talk about my finished crochet bed scarf for our guest room.  A couple of years ago, my sister started it for me but she had to leave so I had to finish it.  It was half way so I thought that I could just pick up where she left off.  Well, it sat there for a couple of years because, I couldn't figure it out.  A friend of mine showed me how, then I didn't continue so I forgot again.  Anyway, now that I have used up all my yarns and don't have anymore project, I decided to pick it up again.  After many rows of the type of stitch, I realized it was growing too wide, so I untangled (unravel) it to where my sister left off.  That's when I realized that I was using the wrong crochet hook so it was creating a bigger stitch even though I was doing the right combination.  So after I figured it out, I was able to finish the bed scarf leaving only 6 inches of yarn.  I thought that was perfect.  Now I need an edging. Of course I had to call my sister for direction, ideas and a tutorial.  We did a short video chat and then I continued with crocheting.  Now it's complete and ready to be displayed when we have visitor staying in the guest room.  It will be perfect with our red flowery comforter set.  Thanks to my sister's expertise in crochet, I have a pretty bed scarf.




No comments:

Post a Comment