Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Trying Tuesday - Repurposing

After my sister's visit last October, I found this old jean capri pants that she left.  I asked her later and she said it was too big for her and I could do anything I want with it.  So it sat in a bag and almost took it for donation.  But after watching the Great British Sewing Contest, I was inspired with one of the project they had on one episode.  They were given some type of clothing and they were tasked to recreate something totally different with whatever they wish.  It had to be a little drastic.  Anyway, here is what I had completed.  The transformation of an old jean capri pants to a sort of vintage skirt. I had asked my sister for her measurements and I am hoping she can make use of it when she visits us sometime in the summer.  A perfect comfy skirt for just lazying around the house. 

I removed the elastic waist band and zipper and opened the inner leg seam.

Then I added the zipper, flowery insert and a bow to cover the pleats.

After I measure the waist, I cut the front insert and sewed it.

I cut the waist band and sewed it on.

On the waist band I needed a hook and eye as they call it, but I use the hook and hand sewn this for the hook.
The finish jean skirt for my favorite sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment