Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Finicky Friday - Mocha Bailey's Macarons

It has been a few months since I made my very first macarons.  Since were going to meet my cousins who I have not seen for a few years, I thought I would bring some of my baked goods and treats.  This time I decided to make some different flavor of macarons.  I chose the mocha and Bailey's.  I forgot to get some espresso or coffee powder so I used a coffee liquor instead.  For the filling, I followed the ganache recipe which turned out not too sweet.  The particular recipe I followed this time was a different one and the result was not as perfect as my very first one.  So now I know the next time I make them is to use the same recipe.  My relatives loved the treat specially the kids.  We also brought some chocolate fudge cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting.  There was another loaf of banana bread that I baked and kept in the freezer, I brought it also. Now I will have to get busy and start baking again.  This weekend our friends from Kelowna and they will teach Jeff how to make this awesome healthy bread that they make.  I am asking Jeff to learn it because I am not very good with anything that has yeast. LOL.




Since I ended up with 4 egg yolks, it was perfect time to make this flan.

No comments:

Post a Comment