Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wellness Wednesday - Our health should be a priority

This post is just a reminder to all to please make your health as your priority.  I am sure that everyone knows this fact but I think sometimes, it's good to have a little reminder to be back to staying healthy.  Last week I received a call from my sister regarding the recent event in my brother's life.  Apparently he was found unconscious and was taken to the hospital.  This scared me because he is only a few years older than me.  But unfortunately his health was not his priority.  I feel very helpless because I live very far from him.  Luckily my sister lives in the same area and she is very good at making sure he is ok.  However she is not his caregiver and I think at times, it's a little stressful for her to be making decisions for him and attending to every little issues of his everyday life.  It is very difficult to accept some of the things that has happened to my brother.  Nevertheless, one should learn from this and truly take care of your well being.  Between the three of us, I was the first one to be diagnosed with Diabetes as well as the first one to have Hypertension and High Cholesterol.  I have dealt with these health issues longer than my brother and today can say that everything is under control.  Enjoying life, staying active, volunteering for mental exercise and whatever else I need to stay as healthy is a true priority.  There are certain things that I would like to do but I know the price I would have to pay, so I always opted out of whatever it might be.  Again, I am sure that everyone already knows and have heard all this stuff, just a friendly reminder.  Live, Laugh, Love, Learn and Listen. 

 Image result for healthy images

 Image result for healthy images

No comments:

Post a Comment