Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Weeping Wednesday - Specially for Gino

Eight years ago today, you left without saying goodbye
Not sure what you were thinking, all I can do was sigh.
It was too much of a shock, I thought I would die
Now life has a different meaning, somehow I have to try.

The pain was excruciating but now some days I just feel numb
Was it something I said or did I do something really dumb.
It's difficult to understand why and at times I feel stumped
When I don't have the answer to why you decided to jump.

Thinking of you on Sundays, I always feel that stab in my heart
Wondering where you are on Mondays, I don't even know where to start.
When I hear your favorite songs on the radio, I sometimes fall apart
Maybe you are really in a better place, ready for a different kick start.
Whatever is that place somewhere all of us will never know
We can just hope that you are happy and things here will just flow
In time our tears and our pain will somehow eventually go
But our love for you will remain forever because you are our GINO.
A little boy cabbage patch doll name "Gino" that my daughter saw at a store in NYC.

I saw this toy at Target and it made me teary as this was Gino's favorite toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment