Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

Flag Friday - Happy Canada Day eh!

Happy Canada Day to all the family and friends living in Canada or outside of Canada.  Last night Jeff hang our small Canadian Flag.  The other flag I brought with me has faded so I got a small one the last time I was in Vernon, BC.  Our friends J and G will be coming over for dinner to help me celebrate today.  It was a little difficult at first to figure out what's Canadian when it comes to meals.  So instead of trying to make it true Canadian, I just picked a couple of things to make.  Our appetizer is a mini version of the French Tourtiere aka meat pie and for dessert, I made some mini butter tarts.  The rest of the menu are BBQ chicken thighs and breast, grilled corn on the cob with butter/lime/cilantro sauce, over roasted baby potatoes with garlic and rosemary, grilled pineapple.  I won't be able to show you photos of the above menu, but I took a photo of the mini butter tarts.  Maybe I won't forget to take more photos of our Canada Day dinner.  Proud to be a Canadian!






                                                  Image result for canada day




 

No comments:

Post a Comment