Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's new Wednesday - Life in general

For my loyal readers who checks on my blog as their way of finding out what's new with me, this is my update on life in general.  But first, I would like to share a photo of our fourth harvest.  This morning I went out on the backyard just to check on the weather as well as our little garden.  To my surprise there were some veggies that are ready to pick.  At first I thought I would let Jeff get it when he gets home from work because it's the fruits of his labor.  Of course his reply was go ahead pick them but make sure wear your gloves, etc.
The biggest zucchini was a bit difficult to cut because it was sort of hidden.
Last weekend we were invited for dinner at one of our neighbors around the corner.  She made an authentic cottage pie aka Sheppard's pie.  For dessert she made this awesome pie that was very smooth and creamy and just melts in your mouth.

I ate a very small piece but I wish I had taken a second piece as it was truly yummy.

After dessert, we were invited to play Rockband with Byddi and Allan.  I decided to try the guitar first because at least I know I've played something similar - Guitar Hero.  While Allan played the drums, I'm on guitar and Byddi and Jeff were our singers.  We played in our band for at least three hours alternating instruments, microphone and having a blast rockin' it.  What was interesting that I've enjoyed being the drummer more than the guitarist.  After a couple of turns, I was really getting it and reached some awesome scores.  It was another late night but it was ok because we only had a few steps to our home.

As to my scrap booking, I have completed two albums and starting my third one which is about Jeff and his family.  Now that I have some experience, it seems to move a lot faster and each page seems to better.  It's difficult to share them as there are so many pages but maybe I can just pick my favorites and feature them some day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment