Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Truthful Thursday - Relationship 101

What does it take to have a great marriage?  Is there truly a secret to a perfect relationship?
Will you ever find that special someone to grow old with?  Why is it difficult for some and easy for others to meet a partner?  Can anyone answer these questions based on experience? Let's begin.

The answer to all the questions above is not a secret and everyone who is in a relationship will agree that every couple have their own system but the one key is that both are on the same page.  Simple enough but you will be surprised that when they actually sit down and talk about what's the problem, they are totally on a different page.  Both men and women are guilty of hearing but not listening or misinterpretation of what each one is saying.  Try not to play mind games.  Communication is the key.  Don't keep collecting issues that you wish to discuss with your partner.  Try and schedule a day where you can talk as adults without arguements.  Give each other a chance to speak without interuption.  Never do this discussion in bed.  Make sure that you don't go to bed mad or angry.  

Here's my top important positive attributes to bring into a relationship:
  • Trust 
  • Honesty
  • Easy going
  • Even temper
  • Patience
  • Humor
  • Caring
  • Love
  • Helpful
  • Supportive
I seem to recall some of my friends telling me after I got divorced that maybe my expectation was a bit high.  Actually it wasnt, I was just not preparead to settle for someone who I hope would change for me.  Maybe it's luck or maybe it's a coincidence but Jeff and I found each other at the time of our life when we both have been there and done that stage.
 
A very good friend of mine once said "no one should grow old alone".  But another friend also said, "I'd rather have bad times with you than good times with someone else".  Wait a minute that was from the lyrics of Luther Van Dross ' I'd rather.  Anyway, it's something like I'd be happier alone that with the wrong person and be miserable.  OK that was from Jeff.
 
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment