Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Finnicky Friday - Scrapbooking Afternoon

Scrapbooking is another craft that I've always wanted to try so my friend Jean and I met one afternoon and tried it for the first time.  We took out all our supplies and laid it out on the table.  Starting was a bit difficult since we both have no experience but once we completed our first page, it became easier after that.  I plan to finish my first album this weekend because I am excited to do another one.  Actually I have already figure out what is needed.  The first one I am making is Family, second is Friends, third will be for Jeff's son as his photos of his childhood are currently in a box.  Maybe there's a fourth but for now I will see how well I do my first couple of book.  There are so many ways to do them as described in the book that my MIL gave me, but Jean and I are just winging it and so far we are very happy with the results.  Unfortunately I have not taken a photo of the first few pages, but once completed, I hope to share some of the pages.  Some might be too finnicky about how and what to complete each page.  For me, I am just taking each page and since I have organized the photos into their categories, it is just a matter of arranging them and giving it a little extra creativity.  Have you done any scrapbook lately?  Did you find it difficult to begin?  Is there any tip you can provide to beginners like us? 

This is fancy.  My book is simple but from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment