Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Melting Monday - It was very hot today

When I booked our tee time for today, I did not really check what the weather was going to be because most of the time it's sunny, blue sky and warm.  My golf buddy Janis asked if I was brave enough to go out with this hot temperature.  Since I've missed a couple of times golfing with her, I decided to still go because we had not golfed together.  Upon arrival at the parking lot, I already noticed that there were less cars than normal.  When I checked in at the pro shop, they advised me that a lot of the groups were only playing 9 holes.  My other buddy Bruce showed up and the three of us started our round.  It was still pretty nice until we were on the 6th hole and we can really feel the heat rising.  We were determined to finished and by the time we completed the 14th hole, Bruce decided to quit as it was really hot.  Both Janis and I continued and we were tired and very thirsty.  Even with this scorching condition, I have to say that I had a great round and I am so glad I played.  It took us a total of three and a half hours walking, sweating and some laughing with very little complaining.  There was another tee time for late afternoon for our ladies league but everyone cancelled so it was time to go home.  That was my Monday, how was yours?

Just one of the photos from our weekend get away.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment