Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Follow up Friday - Restaurant Reviews

Why is it when you have a bad experience at a particular restaurant, people usually do a review on what ever media then can express their disappoint.  Well, today I am one of those people.  In fact I will be doing my vents on a couple of restaurants in the area that we have just been the past couple of days.  The first one is LeBoulanger on Santa Teresa.  I took my MIL there today because we've always had great lunch but today was different.  We both ordered the special half sandwich half salad but a little different with our choices.  She requested a Caesar salad with no cheese and dressing on the side.  When she got her place, there were cheese on it and of course dressing.  Our receipt shows exactly what she ordered but I guess the people making it does not understand their own code.  It said, Caesar salad,
No cheese on the first line and then On the side on the second line.  Pretty simple, right.  So she asked if they can make it right.  She waited for a bit and then her plate came with the salad drenched in dressing.  By this time she did not want to wait and sat at our table and just ate her sandwich. I thought I would inform their supervisor of the problem.  She apologized but did not offer to make it right but instead gave me a cookie.  Yeah!  As if my MIL will be happy because she got a cookie.  Just as side note - my MIL makes great cookies.  What I don't understand is when the person taking the order asks you all these choices and makes note of it but the end result is not what you expected.  I can understand making an error the first time, but the second time.  I am sure they don't care if they lose a couple of customers because they seem to get a good lunch crowd, but we are not coming back.  Well, I took all the space I can only talk about the second one briefly. 

 


The Firehouse on Murphy Street, Sunnyvale was our choice of venue for a little get together with Jeff's best friends and their better halves.  We got seated on the second floor where the sound was blaring from the speaker and the game wasn't even on.  Jeff asked the woman who seems to be the Supervisor, and she manage to turn it down a bit but still loud.  She also told Jeff that when the game starts that she will most likely turn the volume up.  By the time the rest of the group arrive, the game was on and it was very difficult to hear what people are saying.  The food is nothing to rave about, the pizza was soggy and the wings were had too much vinegar or Tabasco.  The service was not bad and our waitress was cute and very attentive.  One of Jeff's friend mentioned that it's either we are getting older as we can't stand very noisy places, or we will just have to pick a different place next time we meet so we call really talk and hear the stories that each one wants to share.  Sometimes I prefer to just invite them at our home because I know we can give better services and we actually can hear everyone without screaming.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment