Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Trio Thursday - If you like Pina Colada

Do you remember the lyrics of the Pina Colada song?  Here it goes, "if you like pina colada and getting caught in the rain".  Well this is how it all began.  I golf with the ladies and we got caught in the rain and only played 9.  This meant I got home early and shortly after my nap, I needed to be useful.  I opened the fridge and found a container with sliced pineapples. Of course my mind got busy and started looking for other ingredients.  What happens when you have pineapples and coconut.  Yeah, pina colada time.  The first idea was a pineapple coconut pie which is a first time for me since I have never made this particular pie.  I have made other pies, but not a pina colada.  What can I make next? There were still more pineapple and more coconut, I had to do something.  Remember those crack cakes?? Luckily I had all the ingredients to make my special Pina Colada Crack Cake.  OMG there's more pineapple and a banana that's turning brown.  Surprise, I know exactly what to make, a Pina colada muffins. LOL.  Most of the afternoon went just like that and it was time to make dinner. Hmmm, check the fridge again.  Ooops, found a hunk of beef that needs to be roasted.  Place in a dutch oven, season, add potatoes, carrots, onions and celery.  Ta dah!  Once cooked, Jeff took all the liquid and made gravy - so yummy.  It was a successful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment