Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sociable Sunday - Reconnect with friends

The last time I talked to my sister, she asked me why we are so busy entertaining guests/friends.  Well, it's because we do have a lot of friends that have been reconnecting with me since I moved back to Canada.  It's also because the Okanagan is a wonderful place to visit specially during the summer.  When I moved to San Jose after my retirement, we also had a lot of guests from Canada and the USA visiting us.  I guess that's when the Cranberry Portage B&B was established.  We enjoy having people stop by for lunch or dinner or sometimes for an overnight and maybe even a couple of nights.  In our neighborhood, we have a lot of our new friends exchanging dinners at least once a month. We also have made new friends who lives in Vernon but in a different part of the city.  At the end of this month, we will be celebrating our 2nd year of residence in this wonderful city of Vernon.  What is interesting is that when we moved to Vernon, the city was celebrating it's 150 years.  So it became a very special and memorable date to be remembered.  Summer has just began and we've had two out of town guests come for dinner, my BFF and his wife stayed for a long weekend in March, and we are expecting my other girl friend and her family from Ottawa arriving at the beginning of August.  One of Jeff's friend is planning on visiting us sometime in September.  Although our home is not a real B&B, we like the name we picked and our friends love it also.  This year I have updated our brochure which only available electronically.  So it is sociable Sunday because we love our friends and we love entertaining at home rather than go out.

Image result for clipart neighborhood

Image result for clipart friends hugging

Image result for friendship quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment