Pages

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Springy Saturday - Spring is almost here

Is it really here or am I just imagining it?  A week ago while golfing with my x-golf course volunteer, I couldn't help but admire all the cherry blossoms from the trees surrounding the course.  There's an assortment of pinks and whites.  Surprisingly, while doing this post, I notice that one of fruit trees (Jeff calls it fruit salad as it is grafted with peach, nectarine, apricot and plum) is filled with blossoms.  Jeff was worried for a few days as we were experiencing some cold spell.  Last summer we were able to taste a couple of plum, one apricot and one peace or nectarine was picked by a bird.  Along the roads in our area, they have a lot of these cherry blossom trees that are in bloom now.  Another flowering tree are the magnolias.  These have beautiful big flowers and they are also in bloom.  Not just outside, I notice that my orchid plant that will be almost two years old have about five buds.
So with all the facts, one would think that spring is definitely around the corner.  Although technically according to the calendar, the first day of spring is March 21.  Check out my spring collections.

If you look really close you can see those white flowers on that small tree.
This one is located near the 18th hole tee box at Deep Cliff Golf Course.
My white orchid plant - see if you can count five buds.  Hopefully it will bloom by May.
 

1 comment:

  1. The flowers looks gorgeous! Spring is definitely the best season for me. I am going to clean my house (carpet cleaning, curtain cleaning etc) before spring arrives.

    ReplyDelete