Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Munchies Monday - Sweet treats

Now that I have given up all my volunteer work in preparation for things that are changing,  I find myself with more time to bake and try new recipes.  Although I always go back to some of the favorites, it's a nice surprise for Jeff to try new sweet treats.  This weekend I made two different kind of cookies.  Almond Joy Cookie - remember, this is the 4 ingredient cookie, so easy but so yummy. The second one is an experiment because I am using a butter pecan cake mix to make the cookies.  Instead of following the instruction on the box, I used 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of oil.  I added some chopped walnuts since I ran out of pecan.  To make it interesting I put a splash of rum chatta liquor.  The result was another yummy cookie with a nice crisp outer and soft chewy in the middle.  Since I was in a baking mode, I made a French Tourtiere Pie for our dinner using a ready to use pie crust but the meat filling was from scratch.  We enjoyed the pie with a side dish of my own version of coleslaw.  

Almond Joy Cookies
Butter Pecan Cookies from a box cake mix.

A slice of the French Tourtiere and my own version of coleslaw with Jicama.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment