Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Finally Friday - Yeah, I'm back

It only took 12 days to finally recover from that nasty Influenza A germs.  Is there a lesson here?  Of course.  Maybe next season I'll take that chance and get the flu shot and hope for the best.  Avoid shaking hands, hugging, etc. even though the people say they are healthy.  Aside from sanitizing and washing hands which I am already consistently doing, I'll eat more of the foods that gives some sort of protection.  Do I need to exercise more? Well, I will try to do some stretching as much boring it might be, the muscles have been so inactive that I don't want to hurt myself.  Yes, you heard me, I'll try and do some stretching exercise.  The only benefit I got from this recent bout of flu - I lost 6 lbs.  Hopefully I can keep it off.  My appetite is not back yet and I am still eating the minimum portion just to ensure I don't go low on my blood sugar.  So far so good.  Of course I have to share some of the things I have done shortly after I started feeling a little better.  Yes, I was a little busy crocheting two scarf and baked a carrot pineapple cake from scratch and even made a very yummy cream cheese frosting.  Today is Laura's first year death anniversary and we are having a little get together to celebrate and remember her life. 

A scarf for Jeff in preparation for his first winter.
A second scarf which I will donate to the first homeless I see next winter.
Carrot Pineapple Cake with cream cheese frosting.  It has been many years since I made this recipe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment