Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Welcome Wednesday - Five buds are out

Last year for my birthday, my neighbor gave me a beautiful white orchid plant.  There were exactly seven blooms and it last for most of the summer months and into the fall.  When the last bloom fell off, it looked very sad and lonely.  For a while I thought it was going to die but thanks to Jeff, he continued watering that plant every 10 days or so.  We did not remove it from it's position near the small window in the living room.  A few weeks ago, I noticed a bud or two that was starting on the smaller branch or whatever you want to call it.  After a week there were more buds and I truly welcome my plant back.  Hopefully these buds will become the orchid flowers that I original have last May.  It's a miracle that I am not killing it and you might want to know that my geranium plant that was given to me in December 26, 2011 is still alive and it still blooms.  Maybe there's still hope for me when it comes to taking care of plants.

Five years and still going strong.


My new orchid buds - after 10 months.

Original orchid when I received it last May.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment