Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Fumble Friday - My 6th year anniversary

It's amazing how time flies.  Today we celebrate our 6th year anniversary.  Someone once told me that long distance relationship doesn't work.  Like anything in life, there's always an exception.  Ours did after seven years of being apart we decided to tie the knot in Vegas.  That day was special because we did not realize how many of our friends would actually make it, but they all did.  The one regret was that my son did not make it.  He had a valid excuse.  Although getting married in May of 2008 was a very happy day, it always brings me back to the month after, June 2008 when my son passed away.  The words heaven and hell truly describes that part of my life.  One month you're in heaven then the next month hell. Oops, I got side tracked.  The fumble of the day is when Jeff gave me a card and a gift for our anniversary when I thought we agreed not to buy card and gift.  The fumble is that when I opened the card he gave me turns out to be the Mother's Day card.  He got mixed up. (I bet you I will be have an anniversary card on Mother's Day).  But the gift was perfect.  A wooden item - bamboo chime for our backyard and a package of wooden green tees for golf.  Wood is the symbol for 6 years - traditional.  Candy is the symbol for the modern.  At the end of the day, I bought him a card and a couple of his favorite candy.  And we lived happily ever after.  The end.

Maybe a cake would be nice but I'm diabetic and this would be way too sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! It's true, I have heard many people say that long-distance relationships do not work, but good for you guys! That's when you know you found the one. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete