Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Sweet and Sour Sunday - It looks so yummy

Every now and then I would try some old recipe that I use to make.  Then one day I would remember it and try making it without looking at recipe.  It is actually a very easy one to make and I don't know why I don't make it often.  On Fridays, I usually try to have fish.  I guess this should have been my Friday post.  Anyway, I learned something new when it comes to coating the fish.  I read somewhere to combine regular flour and rice flour, I did.  First I dip the fish in egg and then on the flour mixture.  The fried fish is set aside while I make the sweet and sour sauce.  I added a bunch of different vegetables that I could find in the fridge.  I stir fry garlic, onions, carrots, celery and peppers then add the sweet and sour sauce that I combined.  Then the final step, I added the fried fish and sprinkle some fresh green onions.  When my hubby saw the finished product, he said, "that looks like something from the Chinese restaurant.  Of course I sent a photo of it to my daughter, my friends and my MIL.  Almost everyone commented the same as what Jeff said.  You can be the judge.

My sweet and sour fish.

Image result for sweet and sour fish chinese
And this is a photo from my Google search.

No comments:

Post a Comment