Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Snowy Sunday - I don't like snow

"I don't like snow" that was my daughter's message on Monday when the Greater Toronto Area received quite a bit of snow.  It was cold and the roads were slippery.  I understand what she was talking about as I used to live there for over 20 years.  It was even more snow when I temporarily relocated in Ottawa.  I did not learn from the first time, I did it again a couple of years later.  When you think of where we relocated the first time in Canada, one would think that we wouldn't mind the snow.  But I guess after residing in the Northwest Territories and the Yukon Territory, one might get tired of the cold winters.  The difference is that Ontario has the four seasons and it is beautiful specially in the fall.  Leaves changing their colors is amazing and spectacular.  After having a chance to live in California, it's truly difficult to return to a city where snow is available sometimes from November to March.  But sometimes in life, you really have to weigh everything.  Sometimes you have to give up more than what is important because even if it's only a couple of things that the other city can provide, it is something that is life changing.  If you think of how others have to put up with flooding, tornado, hurricane, typhoon, etc., having a few months of snow is actually not so bad. So far we had one day of snow but it did not stay.  Hopefully we will have a shorter and milder winter.  Are you willing to give up everything you have currently and move somewhere without a winter but has all of the other issues?  Here are some winter wonderland photos.





1 comment:

  1. Pretty to look at from the indoors. Not so nice when you have to go out in the cold. It's going to be a loooonnng winter here in Ottawa :(
    Will definitely be looking for warmer destinations!!!
    Cheers my friends xoxo

    ReplyDelete