Pages

Friday, November 1, 2019

Final Friday - Last day of golf

It has been a very good year for golf.  My very first time being a member of a golf course. This friendly and amazing golf course that is only five minutes drive from our home.  The year we arrived I was only able to play for a few months because we were busy with getting our house organized.  That year the snow arrived on November 1 and never left until the middle of March. At first I just bought what they call a punch card since I was not sure how often I was going to play.  Then I realized that it was worth it becoming a member, so I did.
They give you this nice wooden badge with your name on it and the current year of membership.  So far I have two of those.  I was wondering how many rounds of golf I completed in 2019.  It was time to count all the cards that I kept to keep track of the rounds.  I am sad to report that I did not make the 100 marker.  Due to vacations and the weather and some off days, I am still happy to have gone out 95 times.  It is also a very important year because on August 28, I got my very first and maybe the only HOLE IN ONE.  My hubby is going to make some sort of memory box to include all the souvenir I got to remember that day.  The ball, the tee, the score card, the mug, a pin, and the special tag that my golf buddy had specially made for me.  Since I already paid for my 2020 membership, I know that my goal for next year is to surpass the 100 marker.  I can only do that if the weather cooperates, my health is good and my golf buddy is available to play as much as schedule allows.  Now it is time to plan on how to get busy during the winter months to stay in shape, as well as to keep the mind active.  Although I still have outstanding projects that needs to be completed, I will have to start being more creative with my sewing, painting and maybe even get back to practicing playing the guitar and keyboard.  As I say goodbye to golf, I am saying hello to a more productive winter. 

That's my feet and my lucky ball.

Ladies who witnessed my hole in one.

My golf buddy.

August blooms.

October flowers getting frozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment