Pages

Friday, November 22, 2019

Flavorful Friday - TGIF for working friends

Sometimes we like to invite a couple or two couples to share dinner with us.  I have been trying to invite one couple but it seems like they were out of town on the days that I pick.  Last week we finally got a chance to get the two couples together and since both of the couples are still working, I thought that it would be good to give them a break from cooking on a Friday specially after working. I gave them a few choices of the type of food they would like to try.  Both couples agreed that they would like some Asian cuisine.  So I started checking online to see what would be a good combination.  Of course I wanted to make something that I sort of know the recipe and how it is actually cooked.  For our starter, I made a chicken lettuce wrap.  Then it was the Singapore Noodles with shrimp, Rich man's fried rice with lobster, Chinese BBQ Pork and Black pepper chicken.  They we so appreciative of the fact that there was plenty of food to have seconds and even some to take home.  For dessert, I made a Purple Yam pound cake, mango flan, buko pandan salad and Jeff's chocolate chip cookies.  It was a great evening sharing old stories and life experience.
Everyone was so thankful that we all live in a great neighborhood. 





No comments:

Post a Comment